Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Welcome Home SSG Vest!

On December 10, 2009 Kevin came home from a year long deployment in Iraq. I had arranged for his cell phone to be there waiting for him as a surprise when he got off the plane in Ontario. The night before, I got a call around 10 pm from Kevin to let me know he was in New York and would be home the next morning. I could hardly sleep. Then, a little after 6 am my phone rang and it was Kevins cell number! He had landed in Ontario. I got the kids ready and waited for my father in law to get here. We then picked up my Mom and Alan from the hotel and headed over to the gym. At 10 am...all 169 of the soldeiers from 699th Maintenance Company ran the the gym doors! Welcome Home Soldiers!!!!

This is the banner we got for Kevin. We hung it on the garage so he'd see it first thing when we got home!



Nana & Kayleigh, patiently waiting!



Kayleigh and I.



The best Father in Law Ever!!

A couple pictures of the kids and I watching all the soldiers walk in. (although, once daddy walked in we didn't care about anyone else but him)


699th Maintenance Company
The first family picture we've had in a long time. (not that great..but, it'll suffice)

Walking to the truck.


Seeing the puppies. I think they might be a little bit excited!

Kayleigh showing daddy how she runs in the back yard :)


It's so great to have my family back together!

No comments:

Post a Comment